I am currently an assistant professor in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Twente in the Netherlands and an Associate Senior Scholar at The Millennium Project: Global Futures Studies and Research, a DC-based global think-tank. From 2013 till 2018 I was a Research Scholar and Associate Faculty at the Berman Institute of Bioethics at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. I hold a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Georgetown University and several graduate degrees in History of Philosophy and Medical Ethics from the University of Paris in my native city.
My research is often transdisciplinary and collaborative.
Areas of Specialization:
- Philosophy of foresight (or futures studies) and its practice (the disciplined exploration of alternative futures through scenario construction, modeling, Delphi, etc.)
- Applied ethics and political philosophy, with a focus on technology, health, food, and AI
Areas of Competence:
- History of bioethics
- History of modern philosophy
- Philosophy of cognitive science/psychology
- Science and technology studies
- Theory of historiography
New Contact: email@example.com